Who They Are
Navigating through an implementation of any business application is a major undertaking and often you are ill-equipped to take on the project. Further, the ever-evolving nature of technology makes it hard to keep up with what’s important and what’s not.
Now, Microsoft has put together robust cloud options with its Microsoft Dynamics and Power Platform solutions geared towards SMB, mid-market, and enterprise organizations. But, again, the challenge to migrate or upgrade your existing applications is daunting.
With all this in mind, Pelorus Technology, a Microsoft Certified Partner founded in 2008, set out to help their customers navigate through the modern challenges of businesses today, from ERP Selection and Design to Analytics and Business Intelligence.
Led by President Erik Cornet, Pelorus Technology’s mission has become one of creating radical software technology and trailblazing teams that address real world challenges, bringing together development and operations.
What They Do
Pelorus Technology focuses on building solid relationships with their client base. Good relationships are a necessity when approaching the complexities of an ERP system. Using foundational relationships, Pelorus assists their clients to determine the best path forward with an ERP system and helps those clients to change how they think about integrating an ERP system.
One of Pelorus’s specialties is helping their customers recover from a failed or incomplete ERP deployment. Ultimately, they bring forth actionable concepts that change how ERP systems are conceived, configured, and deployed. The company not only assists with reconceiving ERP systems, they also put significant effort into training the client’s staff to extend the value of an ERP system. The company works for the most part in the Microsoft Dynamics space to create solutions that are tailored to a business’s specific needs.
Further enhancing Pelorus’s ability to achieve success is how the company approaches its relationships with both the Dynamic’s community and Pelorus’s own customers. From a community perspective the company has outlined its commitments:
- Free from Geographical restrictions
- Building relationships by bringing a local touch
- Microsoft & the Dynamics community
For clientele, Pelorus also seeks to provide measurable ROI and time-to-value. Accomplishing those two goals requires a novel way of thinking, with the understanding that change is needed. In other words, the company acknowledges that meaningful improvement does not happen by doing things the same way they are being done right now in industry. The company is also committed to identifying and teaching a new way of thinking with an approach that is ultimately geared towards efficiency and optimization for the system and all parties involved in projects.
The partners of Pelorus Techology, a Microsoft Implementation Partner and global services company, include Erik Cornet, Partner and President, Patrick Boren, Partner and Senior Vice President of Operations, and Peter Joeckel, Partner and Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, offer vast industry and market experience that combines subject matter expertise with a deep understanding of how projects are executed in the Microsoft Dynamics space.
Who They Have Impacted:
Boston Consulting Group chose Pelorus Technology to develop a Power BI solution to create impactful data visualizations from disparate data sources so the finance team could make better informed decisions.
- BCG’s Finance Team changed the reporting landscape for an entire region of the organization, covering more than 2,500 consultants.
- BCG moved away from a cumbersome manual process of creating files to a unified process that allows centralized data management with dynamic security filtering for a single source of truth and consistent dashboard picture.
- The creation of a sustainable process for joining financial data which originated from both accounting and planning systems.
- The training, which covered numerous patterns and techniques, made the development and deployment of Financial Insight Dashboards a success.
Pelorus Technology has transformed their inhouse expertise into new service opportunities, Including:
- Preventing ERP Failures, with a focus on correctly defining the basic ERP elements of time, budget, and functionality, to provide a process based upon real world experience.
- Expand adoption of Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate to allow businesses to grow via automation.
- Give clients the ability to further gather actionable insights by visualizing data securely using Power BI
- Assist clients in choosing the proper ERP system for their needs by identifying the factors that impact the decision phase of selection and identifying the appropriate features of Dynamics 365 to implement for both today and future needs
ERP systems are often complex systems and if not conceived and deployed correctly are prone to failure. While avoiding failure should be the primary focus of any small, medium, or large enterprises, the simple fact of the matter is that external expertise is usually needed to guarantee success. Pelorus has identified and explored the numerous reasons for failure, which range from technology challenges to a lack of expertise, to a lack of well-defined expectations.
The company has also identified situations where ERP systems function, yet do not deliver the value or actionable insights that an organization needs for true success. By leveraging a new way of thinking about what an ERP system should accomplish, Pelorus has redefined many of processes associated with deploying an ERP system. The company does not do that in secret, it also trains stakeholders how to leverage ERP systems to help accelerate the business’s growth and achieve goals.
Pelorus Technology combines expertise, experience, technology, and a proven track record of success to resolve ERP deployment and customization challenges, while also educating internal staff on the best practices of managing ERP systems. What’s more, the company helps their customers to identify new opportunities to use inhouse data to expose business possibilities.