Identify potential risks and/or product errors before they go out to consumers by utilizing a quality control process in the pharmaceutical industry. Dynamics 365 uses a predefined criterion based on warehouse, vendor, and inventory in order to keep track of items and create quality orders for partial receipts. Further, you can control product quality by specifying acceptable quality levels and required resources for operations in order to control quality and sample products accordingly. By testing inventory through an inspection process, you can automatically work with quality guidelines for food safety, increasing costs, and competitive pressures in the food/beverage/pharmaceutical/life sciences industries.
Quality management helps you manage turnaround times when you handle nonconforming products, regardless of their point of origin. Because diagnostic types are linked to correction reporting, Supply Chain Management can schedule tasks to correct problems and prevent them from recurring. Further, SCM generates quality orders for various business processes, events, and conditions. In addition to functionality for managing nonconformance, quality management tracks issues by problem type and identifies solutions as short-term or long-term. Statistics about KPIs provide insight into previous nonconformance issues and the solutions that were used to correct them. You can use historical data to review the effectiveness of previous quality measures and determine appropriate measures to use in the future.
Controlling the Quality Management Process
Here are some ways that you can control the quality management process:
- Create quality orders that are based on trigger points such as “at product receipt” for inbound operations or “at product pick-up” for outbound operations.
- Document test results, and determine whether the results meet the established test criteria and acceptable quality levels.
- Use document management for detailed product specifications and user-specific notes as part of reporting during the inspection process.
- Maintain nonconforming products, and correlate these products with additional nonconformance information to track down the original cause of a problem.
- Document the cost of managing a nonconformance. This cost can include the products, miscellaneous charges, and the timesheet hours that are required in order to correct the nonconformance.
- Schedule error correction processes by using correction handling that is linked to orders.
Automatic Quality Order Creation
If a quality process specifies that an item must be inspected, a quantity of the item is blocked automatically. Then, the item sampling plan that is associated with the quality order controls both the number of items that are blocked and the quantity that must be inspected.
In the following example, a quality order is generated when a purchase order packing slip is posted.
If you are interested in learning more about controlling product quality as well as maximizing the use of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management contact us here to find out how we can help you grow your business. You can also email us at [email protected] or call (312) 345-8817.