At this Fireside Chat session — now available on demand with a premium subscription to Acceleration Economy — Berkeley Haas professor Luyi Yang and Cloud Wars founder Bob Evans discuss ways that supply chain leaders can improve the highly-disrupted state of supply chains.
Highlights from Luyi Yang and What You Will Learn:
- Why it’s so important to return production and warehousing back to the US, or closer to end markets. This means moving away from offshoring that put production sites far from their end markets in favor of lower costs.
- How to manage the corporate supply chain more as a supply network — that means adding suppliers instead of overly relying on a single supplier
- The need to build additional inventory for unexpected demand or disruptions such as those driven by Covid, inflation, and other external factors.
- Although some of Yang’s recommendations could result in new or additional costs, companies need to digitize supply chains in order to lowers costs, and long-term benefits often require near-term investments.
- Why cloud computing can be so valuable to efficient supply chains — providing elastic computing resources to run sophisticated AI and data mining models that will enable greater efficiency.