Welcome to the Cloud Wars Minute — your daily news and commentary show, hosted by Cloud Wars Founder Bob Evans. Each episode provides insights and perspectives around the “reimagination machine” that is the Cloud.
This episode of the Cloud Wars Minute is sponsored by Cloud Wars Horizon Demo Day, which takes place on December 15th. Get a hands-on view of the future of AI, automation, and cybersecurity solutions, delivered by experts explaining the business value of their technology. Register for free here.
In this Cloud Wars Minute, Bob reviews the market caps for the Cloud Wars Top 10 companies.
00:49 — In Q3, all of the Cloud Wars Top 10 companies demonstrated exceptional growth — except Salesforce.
01:08 — These results demonstrate the ongoing demand that ties in with the latest results from some of the Cloud Wars Top 10 companies, like Oracle with its Q3 blowout earlier this week. Additionally, Workday and Snowflake saw impressive third-quarter earnings.
01:39 — Currently, Salesforce is the outlier, with sharply reduced growth rates and the parting of its Co-CEO Bret Taylor and Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield.
01:46 — Over the five-week period, ranging from November 7 to December 14:
- Workday’s market cap was 36.5%, for a total valuation of $46.3 billion
- ServiceNow’s market cap was 18.2%, for a total valuation of $86.4 billion
- Microsoft’s market cap was 18%, for a total valuation of $1.94 trillion
- Snowflake’s market cap was 16.6%, for a total valuation of $49.3 billion
- SAP’s market cap was 15.1%, for a total valuation of $129.3 billion
- IBM’s market cap was 10.1%, for a total valuation of $135.5 billion
- Oracle’s market cap was 8.26%, for a total valuation of $222.6 billion
- Salesforce fell to a valuation of $137 billion
02:36 — These numbers represent a strong demand coming from customers, CIOs, CTOs, CFOs, and executive and buying committees, who have realized that cloud technology is the only way to push through the economic uncertainty and begin to create innovation and growth.
To see more Cloud Wars content, including all recorded sessions from Cloud Wars Expo, please register here for your Cloud Wars Expo on-demand pass. The on-demand pass, which is included with your Acceleration Economy subscription, gives you access to approximately 40 hours of invaluable educational content.