At this Keynote/Fireside Chat session — now available on demand with a premium subscription to Acceleration Economy — Oracle EVP Mike Sicilia and Cloud Wars Founder Bob Evans discuss industry clouds with a particular focus on healthcare, the importance of cloud scalability when it comes to customer adoption, and customers’ purchasing mindset.
Highlights From Mike Sicilia, and What You Will Learn:
- Why Oracle’s top leaders viewed purchasing Cerner and reinventing the healthcare industry “not just as a business but as a moral obligation.”
- Because Cerner technology is built on Oracle’s Exadata platform, customers won’t have to rip and replace systems or change data models.
- How the combination of vertical (industry clouds) and horizontal (cloud services, databases) technology from Oracle can benefit customers in healthcare and many other industries.
- Why the Covid-driven customer need to scale computing capacity up and down was so central to the growth in industry clouds — and how that flexibility will benefit customers going forward.
- Among customers’ biggest considerations today when it comes to cloud migration is “how fast can I get there?”