Information technology (IT) infrastructure services provider Kyndryl announced a prominent technology partner, Citrix, and customer, Singapore Airlines, for its Digital Workplace Services, which include device management, desktop virtualization, IT support, and workplace collaboration services.
Citrix is well known as a top player in virtualized desktops or desktops-as-a-service (DaaS). Under an expanded partnership with Kyndryl, the two companies said they’ll develop IT management services and virtual desktop capabilities that span hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments.
Kyndryl said it will extend its framework of workplace modernization services designed and deployed for Citrix’s core technologies, including desktop and application virtualization services. Those services provide secure, remote access to corporate assets from any device or location.
Kyndryl currently provides managed application support for over 400,000 Citrix users in enterprises around the world. Its services provided in collaboration with Citrix include:
- Virtual desktop/DaaS/Virtual application transformation: Helping clients be agile and deliver strong user experiences through the delivery of modern DaaS technology.
- Secure Remote Access: Delivering DaaS implementations that strengthen security postures and enhance the protection of customer data — a growing challenge given the increase in remote and flexible workforces.
- Cloud Migrations with Citrix Cloud: Delivering an integrated digital workspace that unifies multiple Citrix Cloud services onto a single platform spanning on-premises, public, and hybrid cloud environments.
Airline expands relationship.
Singapore Airlines embarked on a workplace transformation initiative with Kyndryl in 2021 to modernize end-user services and consolidate back-end infrastructure. One key business goal: Enhance flexibility for its hybrid workforce. The partnership allows airline employees to gain further access to modern digital workplace services. This hybrid work transformation allows for optimization of the airline’s office spaces, as well as onsite support reduction.
Kyndryl manages the end-to-end lifecycle of employee mobile and laptop devices: deployment, management, disposal, and refresh, as well as the implementation of virtual desktop infrastructure.
Kyndryl has helped the airline:
- Deploy virtual desktops and virtual applications to users based on their work profiles.
- Unify endpoint and remote management of devices regardless of employee location, which improves user experience and lowers IT support cost
- Leverage hyper-converged technology to modernize end-user infrastructure services while leveraging cloud solutions to scale when required.
- Deploy services such as callback, call waiting, and real-time chat with Service Desk agents to improve employee productivity and experience in a support context.
For more exclusive coverage of innovative cloud companies, check out Cloud Wars Horizon here: