Each month, “Anschuetz on Leadership” episodes will look at unique ways that business can approach leadership. Christian Anschuetz is an adventurer, explorer, entrepreneur, United States Marine Corps Captain (not on active duty), and highly inspirational leader. He’s been the CIO of one of the world’s largest advertising firms, CDO of a global safety and supply-chain company, and founded a nonprofit to help connect military veterans with business leaders for mutually beneficial outcomes. He’s currently building his own house, teaching at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and starting a couple of new businesses.
The Big Themes:
- I’ve got 99 problems and tech ain’t one of them: It’s almost never a technology issue. It’s usually a people problem.
- The technologists out there: Many technologists can be overly focused on technology, which limits their ability to see the bigger business issues. What are you really going to be focused on?
- This is a journey: We need to embrace one another and lock arms and move forward together in a secular fashion.
The Big Quotes:
- “But the only thing that surprises me by that is that most companies are going to go, oh, that’s not me. That’s somebody else. That’s that other 40%.”
- “Motivate your workforce to aspire to be different, aspire to be better, and understand that they’re a part of that future that is different and better.”
- “And so we’re all going to be on board to do this, and we’re not going to do a hundred things.”
You can also stream the audio-only version of this episode:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Christian Anschuetz is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.