“Tinder on Customers” is the monthly podcast series featuring Bonnie Tinder. Bonnie is the founder and CEO of Raven Intel, an independent B2B peer review site that’s amplifying the voice of the customer. She focuses on software customers, consulting partners and software vendors, and helps identify the best partners for their needs. In this episode, Bonnie explains some of the “types” that you’ll encounter on every software project.
The Big Themes:
- The Ambassador: Excited about the project and are telling everyone about it. They’ll be the first ones that post their go-live badge on LinkedIn. They’re also rolling-up their sleeves to contribute.
- The up-and-comer: Might not have previous experience but see the project as an opportunity to grow in their career and add a successful digital transformation to their resume. Great attitude.
- Debbie Downer/Don Downer: “We’ve always done it this way” is their MO. They have a problem for every solution.
- I’m only here for the snacks: Quiet and non-participatory in meetings and email. Demotivate the team and get credit where credit is not due.
The Big Quotes:
- “The success of a project is going to boil down to good people management.”
- “You want to make sure that you’re hand picking the team.”
- “A lot of these problems can be solved through good documentation and a good project blueprint where people have known exactly what they’re needing to contribute and buy one.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Bonnie Tinder is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.