“Sadin on Digital” episodes explore the fast-changing and high-stakes world of digital business. Wayne Sadin and I focus in particular on what CEOs and boards must do to lead their companies successfully into the Digital Age. Today, Wayne and I talk about a set of four topics that Wayne connects with a highly creative thread, including Wayne’s forthcoming article that defines the term digital transformation, including a wide variety of things that DT is not.
The Big Themes:
- Now you can put your own paint on it: That’s going to be a terrific thing for the clients, the buyers into next year and the year after.
- It’s a mindset change: Message for the board and for the CEO is to think about whether you’re really changing the nature of the business.
- The secret sauce for the vertical: We have to work in the wider ecosystem of that industry, whether it’s healthcare, retail, manufacturing, or financial services.
The Big Quotes:
- “I’ve got an article coming out later this week or next week on Acceleration Economy where I define the term digital transformation – and the opposite.”
- “Downside of this you got to get on this bandwagon, or the acceleration is going to flatten you like roadkill.”
- “We don’t have to worry about things like servers and storage and networks anymore as ITP, and neither do the vendors.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more recent episodes of Sadin on Digital
- The CIO Agenda for Digital Success
- What CIOs Should Say to Boards of Directors
- The Digital CFO: an Action Plan
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.