“Tinder on Customers” is the monthly podcast series featuring Bob Evans in conversation with Bonnie Tinder. Bonnie is the founder and CEO of Raven Intel, an independent B2B peer review site that’s amplifying the voice of the customer. She focuses on software customers, consulting partners and software vendors, and helps identify the best partners for their needs. In this episode, Bonnie shares the best practices that she and the Raven Intel team have developed around decision making.
The Big Themes:
- Abe Lincoln: Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four hours sharpening the ax.
- No analysis paralysis: As you prepare to lock down your decision, you must be sure that the core problem you’re trying to solve is clearly outlined in your statement of work.
- Don’t boil the ocean: Our magic number is around three alternatives that you’re shortlisting before making a final decision.
- Trusted partners: When you find a partner that can challenge your ideas and make you think outside the box, that’s definitely a sign of somebody that could really be beneficial for your project.
The Big Quotes:
- “Certainly Raven Intel is a great place where you can get peer review information written by other customers.”
- “Celebrate your success in the end – and then do a look back and see what worked what didn’t.”
You can also stream this episode in audio-only format:
Thanks for watching! For more like this, we recommend:
Stream more episodes of Tinder on Customers:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Bonnie Tinder is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.