Each month, “Anschuetz on Leadership” episodes will look at unique ways that business can approach leadership. Christian Anschuetz is an adventurer, explorer, entrepreneur, United States Marine Corps Captain (not on active duty), and highly inspirational leader. He’s been the CIO of one of the world’s largest advertising firms, CDO of a global safety and supply-chain company, and founded a nonprofit to help connect military veterans with business leaders for mutually beneficial outcomes. He’s currently building his own house, teaching at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and starting a couple of new businesses.
The Big Themes:
- We’re not loyal to each other: It’s time to breathe our hearts back into our organizations.
- Competitors are very aggressive: And they’re enticing them with new programs at 20% rates. The salaries are getting kicked up just because they’re paying more.
- Blindingly obvious: When we’re in the four walls, we forget the simple things. It’s really a clear and present demonstration of what your values and beliefs are.
- Empowerment is about decision rights: I don’t feel like I’m making impact. I’m not trusted to do my job.
The Big Quotes:
- “I’m not an Elon Musk fan boy, I think he has good qualities and bad qualities.”
- “This is how we’re enabling you to have more fun.”
You can also stream the audio-only version of this episode:
Cloud Wars Live Digital All-Stars
Christian Anschuetz is one of our regular Digital All-Stars. The All-Stars are experts whose video podcasts will focus on the critical themes shaping (and re-shaping!) the business world here in the digital age of 2021. Our intention is to provide regular chunks of timely ideas and insights about high-priority subjects from industry veterans with diverse backgrounds.
This episode is brought to you by BMC Software.