In this Industry Cloud Battleground — now available on demand with a premium subscription to Acceleration Economy — Ishan Khandelwai, Consumer Industries Marketing, Google Cloud, talks to Carrie Tharp, Vice President Retail & Consumer, Google Cloud about the current state of the hospitality and entertainment industry with a focus on how Google Cloud handles customer digital engagement; its security products; and its work to improve the customer’s physical experience.
Highlights from this Session, and What You Will Learn:
- The consumer is seeking a large amount of information online from many different sources while planning trips and entertainment and how hospitality might get a chance to influence their decision-making
- Hospitality experiences peak times, similar to retail; how retail principles can be applied to peak times.
- Technology’s role in improving the physical experience and how it can help make up for issues like short-staffing.
- How data and analytics enable hospitality to act on trends and dynamics in real-time.
- The role of privacy and security in the hospitality experience and Google Cloud’s ability to keep customers aware of potential security threats while also protecting the privacy of consumers.