Acceleration Economy Cybersecurity Top 10 Short List
Our CISO practitioner analysts, led by 20-year CISO Chris Hughes, collaborated to define the top 10 cybersecurity companies that have created solutions and services that move beyond just protecting the business to enabling it. This is the cybersecurity “short list” Acceleration Economy recommends.
- If there’s one word that has been around every corner or discussion in the cyber industry, it is software supply chain security. Chainguard has burst onto the scene with an incredibly strong leadership team with technical depth from organizations such as Google and others, looking to tackle the most challenging aspects of software supply chain security. From secure cloud-native containers to signing and software bill of materials (SBOM), Chainguard has quickly established itself as a leader in this emerging field.
Endor LabsBriefing Center
- With the focus on shifting security left and software supply chain security, Endor Labs has come out swinging with a strong focus on Dependency Management. Open-Source Software usage has increased tremendously, but most organizations and developers spend a ton of time and toil trying to manage those dependencies. Endor Labs boasts a strong founder with a proven track record along with a stellar research team to help tame the beast that is “dependency hell” as most developers know it, shifting security left and driving down software supply chain risk.
- Fortinet makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 615,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone.
- One thing that is clear is that as an industry, we’re awful at keeping secrets. Studies show exposed secrets are involved in a large array of data breaches and recent notable headlines solidified that with thousands of secrets exposed from source code management systems, pipelines, and other attack vectors. GitGuard brings robust research and expertise to tackling the problem of secret sprawl and exposing sensitive secrets to malicious actors.
Grip SecurityBriefing Center
- Grip focuses on SaaS Security, which is all too often overlooked in the conversation around Cloud Security. Studies show large enterprise organizations are using hundreds of SaaS vendors, with no real governance or security around that use, and Grip is aiming to change that.
- HYCU’s data protection technology and management platform are designed to make it as easy for customers to manage data protection as it is to spin up and spin down cloud infrastructure — like a native cloud service. HYCU, whose name is short for Hybrid Cloud Uptime, has 3,100 customers; it sells through an ecosystem of 400+ global partners. That partner approach is an important benefit to customers because of the complexity inherent in hybrid and multi-clouds, which require deep expertise in selecting, integrating and optimizing infrastructure and applications.
- Lookout, Inc. is the endpoint to cloud security company purpose-built for the intersection of enterprise and personal data. We safeguard data across devices, apps, networks and clouds through our unified, cloud-native security platform — a solution that's as fluid and flexible as the modern digital world. By giving organizations and individuals greater control over their data, we enable them to unleash its value and thrive. Lookout is trusted by enterprises of all sizes, government agencies and millions of consumers to protect sensitive data, enabling them to live, work and connect — freely and safely.
Palo Alto NetworksBriefing Center
- Palo Alto Networks, the global cybersecurity leader, is shaping the cloud-centric future with technology that is transforming the way people and organizations operate. Our mission is to be the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We help address the world's greatest security challenges with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, analytics, automation, and orchestration. By delivering an integrated platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of partners, we are at the forefront of protecting tens of thousands of organizations across clouds, networks, and mobile devices. Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
- With a mission of empowering businesses to develop fast and stay secure, Snyk’s platform quickly finds and fixes security issues in proprietary code, open-source dependencies, container images, and cloud infrastructure so businesses can build security directly into their continuous development process.
Trend MicroBriefing Center
- Trend Micro, a global cybersecurity leader, helps make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Fueled by decades of security expertise, global threat research, and continuous innovation, our cybersecurity platform protects 500,000+ organizations and 250+ million individuals across clouds, networks, devices, and endpoints. As a leader in cloud and enterprise cybersecurity, our platform delivers central visibility for better, faster detection and response and a powerful range of advanced threat defense techniques optimized for environments, like AWS, Microsoft, and Google.