In this Acceleration Case Study, learn how a telephone conferencing company handled a vast increase in transactions by using Microsoft Dynamics GP. The company was bought by a global telecommunications company, as they needed to find a solution to manage an even more significant amount of data. The company prioritized finding a solution to handle a significant increase in transactions while keeping costs to a minimum. Read how this telephone conferencing company improved data and transaction management by using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Business Challenge – Finding a Cost-Effective Solution for Growth Management
Managing the finance and billing process for a large telecommunications company requires a significant amount of data. A global telecommunications company bought the telephone conferencing company to help increase its video conferencing capabilities. A major concern, due to this purchase, managing a much larger number of daily transactions. Because its already being used by the parent company, some people within the company believed the transaction would force a migration from Microsoft Dynamics GP to the Oracle system
The business was already experiencing significant growth. This further increased the strain on the existing integration points. For example, there were two critical integrations. The first integration was importing accepted quotes within the sales system into Dynamics as new orders. The second integration was importing conferencing minutes and billings from the operating system to track each receivable transaction within Dynamics GP.
Software Solution – Microsoft Dynamics GP
The management team needed to find the most cost-effective solution to meet their needs. So, they reached out to RSM to gain additional insights. The RSM team played a crucial role in working with them. They helped the telephone conferencing company to understand their requirements. Furthermore, they also assisted them in learning more about the vast capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics GP. Eventually, the company decided to remain with Dynamics GP, as a business case aided to further back their findings. This highlighted substantial cost savings and better operational capabilities.
Dynamics GP also provides a few capabilities that aren’t available with Oracle. For example, it includes detailed revenue recognition by using the Expense Deferral and Binary Stream Advanced Revenue module. Additionally, the team at RSM recommended and helped deliver other strategic projects that allowed Dynamics GP to support the company’s growth. Other aspects of the project included:
- Automated integrations with eConnect make it possible to replace existing quotes and billing minutes imports. As a result, they can easily manage many transactions each day without any manual intervention.
- The automated international vendor payment process is now streamlined using a custom integration with Dynamics GP to the Royal Bank of Scotland.
- RSM also helped implement an approval workflow tool while including requisition and expense management options to meet the needs of their growing company better.
The software evaluation allowed RSM to identify the best course of action for improving productivity and uncovering new opportunities. They overcame data and transaction management challenges by using an inclusive ERP system for the telephone conferencing company. A few of the most positive results from the assessment included:
- The company didn’t have to migrate to Oracle. This saved over $1 million for their division.
- The company quickly increased efficiency by using Dynamics GP. This enabled them to boost its volume of business without needing to hire more staff, further improving their bottom line.
- Using automated requisitioning and expense reports on a single platform resulted in greater governance while improving efficiency. This standardized system also eliminated the need for using several systems or more costly platforms. The open design creates a seamless integration for using conferencing systems, a key aspect of the entire business.
- Dynamics GP’s open architecture allowed the business to easily integrate with other systems. This improved efficiency compared to manually inputting information, as this feature wasn’t available on the Oracle system.
- Dynamics GP offers real-time updates, while the batch processing capability of Oracle does not provide immediate access to this data.