In this vendor ranking segment from the Acceleration Economy course The Cloud Wars Top 10: How It Works, Why It Has Shifted, & How CXOs Use It, I share what differentiates Salesforce from other cloud companies, why it’s #8 on the Cloud Wars Top 10 ranking, and the new direction Marc Benioff is taking the company.
This episode is sponsored by Acceleration Economy’s “Cloud Wars Top 10 Course,” which explains how Bob Evans builds and updates the Cloud Wars Top 10 ranking, as well as how C-suite executives use the list to inform strategic cloud purchase decisions. The course is available today.
Salesforce is shifting focus while still continuing to emphasize a customer-centric approach and innovation.
- Salesforce embraced a cloud-based environment early on, setting it apart from competitors like Siebel Systems. Salesforce is known for innovation, high growth, and customer success.
- It has one of the most compelling stories in the Cloud Wars Top 10. Salesforce was tied for number two at one point on the list. For 23.5 years, it had a streak of around 92 consecutive quarters with 20% revenue growth.
- It is predicting a growth rate this year of around 10%.
- Recently, Salesforce, led by CEO Marc Benioff, has redirected the company’s attention to prioritize higher profits and increased margins while still emphasizing growth and innovation. Benioff is great at spotting new trends. AI Cloud has become a key focus, with Salesforce integrating artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities into its tools.
- Data Cloud, the fastest-growing cloud within Salesforce, acts as the fuel for its AI Cloud, supporting its AI initiatives.
- Suggested advice for Marc Benioff includes breaking down the AI Cloud into industry-specific offerings.