John Siefert, Bridget Courneya, and Aaron Back recap their week and the latest from the business and tech market on “The Wrap”. This episode is brought to you by the on-demand version of Industry Cloud Battleground and Cloud Wars.
In this episode, we touch on “The 5 Ways Bridget Courneya is Awesome”, our Industry Cloud Battleground event (in collaboration with Bob Evans of Cloud Wars), the hot topic of security, Microsoft (Satya Nadella’s leadership), Salesforce, and much more.
The 5 key areas that each company addressed:
- The biggest vertical market business challenges that an industry cloud can fix
- How industry clouds fit within or can accelerate other top-priority digital transformation initiatives
- The role that ML & AI play in industry cloud solutions
- If existing on-premise applications can be salvaged or leveraged via an industry cloud initiative
- How to work with cloud providers to customize out-of-the-box offerings and co-create a vertical-specific solution that will deliver clear competitive advantage
11:58: A Cloud Security Battleground is brewing as security is a huge topic now. Kudos to Bill Doerrfeld for the awesome article of “Methods to Secure Low-Code Environments“. And, a HUGE shoutout to Transmit Security for raising $543 Million in Series A funding.
17:58: Microsoft’s explosive growth and reaching a massive milestone of a $2 Trillion market cap. And, the recent announcement of Windows 11.
29:50: The rise of the data clouds such as Firebolt which procured Series B funding of $127 Million.