In episode 102 of the Acceleration Economy Minute, Kieron Allen discusses new data from Teradata and IDC that shows a disconnect between expectations for business leaders to deploy generative AI vs. their readiness to do so. Teradata is on the Acceleration Economy Top 10 Shortlist of Data Modernization Enablers.
This episode is sponsored by Acceleration Economy’s “Cloud Wars Top 10 Course,” which explains how Bob Evans builds and updates the Cloud Wars Top 10 ranking, as well as how C-suite executives use the list to inform strategic cloud purchase decisions. The course is available today.
00:15 — An IDC survey sponsored by Teradata reveals that top-down pressure or heat is pressuring business leaders to use generative AI technology before they feel ready.
Which companies are the most important vendors in data? Check out the Acceleration Economy Data Modernization Top 10 Shortlist.
00:40 — Among 900 individuals surveyed:
- 89% said they understand the benefits of generative AI
- 86% feel that more governance is required
- 95% said they’re under at least some pressure to incorporate the technology within the next 6 to 12 months
- 30% said they’re fully prepared to leverage generative AI
- 42% said they’ll have measures in place to leverage generative AI in the next 12 months
01:11 — The survey flagged other generative AI concerns including ethics and privacy. The big takeaway is for business leaders to continue asking questions about how, when, and why to leverage generative AI.