Welcome to The Wrap Podcast – where Bridget Courneya, Aaron Back, and John Foley recap their week and the latest from the business and tech market. Today’s episode is brought to you by the Cloud Database Battleground digital event. To kick off the first episode of the year, the crew cover topics such as cloud databases, sustainability, emerging companies in tech, cybersecurity, and more.
00:40 – The Cloud Database Battleground digital event will take place on Thursday, January 27th at 11 am EST.
01:51 – There has been a lot of recent movement in the technology realm, such as Tech for Good. The United Nations launched a Taskforce and encapsulated how finance leaders are tackling sustainability objectives to change the world.
03:30 – Airing next week on Acceleration Economy is a sustainability roundtable with Microsoft. More details coming soon.
04:09 – Wayne Sadin wrote about corporate culture, covering how CEOs & BODs can create a corporate culture to fit the evolved business world.
05:38 – John Foley published an article on the cloud database market. He discussed the top three cloud providers—Microsoft, AWS, and Google Cloud—and their unique advantages.
- There were more releases from the Analyst Network this week, including:
- FinTech Apps: How Next-Gen Solutions Are Transforming the Financial Services by Kieron Allen
- What the Emergence of Revenue Technology Means for Your Business by Scott Vaughan
- What Is a Citizen Automator? by Bill Doerrfeld
- 5 Ways Microsoft Is Changing the Game for Manufacturing by Kenny Mullican
- 7 Cybersecurity Startups to Watch in 2022 by Chris Hughes
- How to Set Achievable Growth Goals for Your Partner Ecosystem in 2022 by Janet Schijns
Emerging Companies in Tech
10:23 – Apple broke headlines by being the first company to hit a $3 trillion market cap.
12:24 – Robert Wood shares practice advice regarding cybersecurity for business leaders in his article titled, “5 Steps to Protect Your Organization from Ransomware Attacks.”
13:22 – The Cybersecurity Battleground digital event will be held on Thursday, March 3rd at 11 am EST.
Analyst Brief & Upcoming Premium Content
15:30 – Along with more premium downloadable content, there’s also upcoming content around Industry Clouds and more. The Winter 2021/2022 Predictions Journal is available now. Also, check out the cloud partners roundtable hosted by Bob Evans, “The Power of Digital Technology in Creating New Business Models.”