Welcome to the Cloud Wars Minute — your daily news and commentary show, hosted by Cloud Wars Founder Bob Evans. Each episode provides insights and perspectives around the “reimagination machine” that is the Cloud.
In this Cloud Wars Minute, Bob reviews the growth rates of each Cloud Wars Top 10 company and ranks them accordingly.
00:18 — Bob lays out his report card for the Cloud Wars Top 10 which consists of the growth rates from each company’s most recently completed quarter. In addition to the growth rates, he also included the most recent quarterly revenue for each company.
00:46 — These figures represent a couple of things. Firstly, Bob acknowledges the size discrepancy across the companies, stating that the respective growth rates provide a perspective of how each vendor is gaining momentum in this competitive sector.
01:26 — Secondly, the figures demonstrate how the vendors are being confidently strategic as they advance the capabilities of the cloud, especially as it stretches across various industries.
02:25 — Bob breaks down the Cloud Wars Top 10 report card:
- Oracle — 45% to $3.6 billion (quarter ended August 31)
- Google Cloud — 36% to $6.3 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- SAP — 34% to $3.12 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- AWS — 33% to $19.7 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- Microsoft — 29% to $25 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- ServiceNow — 25% to $1.66 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- IBM — 24% to $5.9 billion (quarter ended June 30)
- Workday — 23% to $1.37 billion (quarter ended July 31)
- Salesforce — 22% to $7.72 billion (quarter ended July 31)
- Snowflake — 83% to $466M (quarter ended July 31) — Bob leaves Snowflake to the side for now, as it is a much smaller company in comparison, and it will be included more when its quarterly revenue tops $1 billion.
To see more Cloud Wars content, including all recorded sessions from June’s live Cloud Wars Expo, please register here for your Cloud Wars Expo on-demand pass. The on-demand pass, which is included with your Acceleration Economy subscription, gives you access to approximately 40 hours of invaluable educational content from last month’s event.